How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
ELD Transition Guide for LimoLogs Users
What is an ELD?
An electronic logging device, a blackbox that plugs into the vehicle engine connection and transmits data for automated logging and for verification of records of duty status.
What is Different?
If you are driving a vehicle equipped with an ELD there are several differences:
- Upon logging in you may see a screen with unassigned driving times: If these were assigned to you, click accept if you drove the vehicle during this time, if not, click decline.
- If the vehicle has been driven without a driver logged in you will receive a notification of driving events, asking if any belong to you. If they do, check the boxes and hit next, if not, just hit next.
- Start and end odometer will automatically populate on your inspection sheet
- Only go On-Duty, the vehicle will update your status to driving when the speed exceeds 5 MPH
- Once in driving status, they keyboard will lock preventing you from making changes to duty status.
- Upon stopping, wait a few moments and the keyboard will unlock – this can take up to two minutes depending upon your cellular reception
- If you do not change your status to On-Duty, 5 minutes after you stop you will receive a prompt asking if you are still driving. If you choose no, or do not respond within one minute, the vehicle will change your status to On-Duty.